Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/21/2017, 1:06:53 PM, »Q« <boxcars@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> In <news:I_KdnS7GpYej0kzFnZ2dnUU7-eednZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
> "Wolf K." <wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> It didn't clarify anything, it completely changed the process.
>>>
>>> Senators used to be appointed by the State Legislatures - and more
>>> importantly, could be recalled/replaced at any time at the pleasure
>>> of the Legislature.
>> I was under the impression that different States had different
>> processes.
> During the few years immediately preceding ratification of the 17th,
> as many as 29 states had been binding their legislatures to select U.S.
> Senators in accordance with popular referenda.

Yes, the process for neutering the power of the individual States was
well on its way, but the money powers wanted to make sure they couldn't
undo it with by simply repealing the statute.

> The impetus for the
> 17th came from the state legislatures themselves, under pressure from
> constituents who were tired of the corruption caused by legislative
> selection of Senators.

That was the line of BS they were fed, yes.

> ISTM Disaster has misunderstood badly (again),

No, I simply understand that the money powers have been trying to
undermine our Constitutional Republic since before the ink was dry.