Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/21/2017, 12:10:26 PM, Caver1 <caver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/21/2017 11:31 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> Senators used to be appointed by the State Legislatures - and more
>> importantly, could be recalled/replaced at any time at the pleasure of
>> the Legislature.
>>
>> The 17th amendment changed that process to their being elected via
>> popular vote, just like Representatives.
>>
>> This complete eviscerated the States representation in Congress.
> They are now picked by the state's population instead of the
> states legislatures.
> How does that take a state's right away?

Really? If you truly cannot comprehend the difference in the amount of
Power (it isn't a 'right') a State has when the Legislature can simply
recall one or both Senators by simple vote whenever they want, rather
than waiting on the People of the State to MAYBE do it once every 6
years... well, then I really don't have time to waste on you.