Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/21/2017, 10:41:18 AM, Wolf K. <wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2017-03-21 10:07, Disaster Master wrote:
> [...]
>> The main amendment that demolished States Rights was the 17th amendment.
> It's about how the States elect their Senators. As I understand it, it
> expands on and clarifies the first sentence of Article 3 (which it
> quotes). How does that infringe on States' Rights?

It didn't clarify anything, it completely changed the process.

Senators used to be appointed by the State Legislatures - and more
importantly, could be recalled/replaced at any time at the pleasure of
the Legislature.

The 17th amendment changed that process to their being elected via
popular vote, just like Representatives.

This complete eviscerated the States representation in Congress.