Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/20/2017, 10:08:34 PM, Wolf K. <wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2017-03-20 13:14, Disaster Master wrote:
> [...]
>> It (mostly in the Amendments) is also a powerful list of things the
>> government can NOT do with respect to violations of our Rights to Life,
>> Liberty and Property (they should have left it like that instead of
>> changing it to the more esoteric 'pursuit of happiness' nonsense).
> [...]
>
> That's not in the Constitution.

I didn't actually say it was now did I?

> The Declaration of Independence however does start like this:
>
> /quote
> We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal,
> that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,
> that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.
> /end quote.
>
> Nothing about the right to Property there.

No, but it was in an earlier draft. As I said, they should have LEFT IT
THERE, which means it was there at one point, but it was changed
(watered down).

You might try reading the documents that actually make it very clear
what all of the words in the Constitution mean, as well as the intent of
the different pieces. The Federalist Papers, The Anti-Federalist Papers,
Elliot's Debates, etc... very eye opening, and will quickly reveal just
how far down the Statist rabbit hole we have gone.

> The government has the right to take private property for public purposes,

That isn't a right, it is a power, there is a bug difference.

You probably have no problem with the asset forfeiture laws either. They
are, after all, laws duly passed by your God Government.