Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On Mon Mar 20 2017 11:02:33 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Wolf K.
<wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2017-03-20 10:32, Disaster Master wrote:
>> Really? You don't believe that taxation - like all Law - is, in the end,
>> enforced at gunpoint?
> Well, of course.

Then stop saying otherwise.

> It's the only language the thugs understand.

Not sure if you mean the enforcers, or those at the receiving end of the
enforcement.

> However, most people don't need to be forced into compliance,

Irrelevant.

<snip> the rest of the irrelevant prattle.

> BTW, why do you believe that a document framed before there were
> streetcars implies that the government has no role to play in transit?

Again, that question is completely irrelevant.

There is, in fact, no delegation of power or authority over 'transit' in
the Constitution.

That 'document' you refer to has a built-in very explicit way it can be
amended. If you believe that the time has come for the federal
government to be delegated a new power or authority, then by all means,
engage the process of amendment and good luck adding said power/authority.

It is only in this way that the Constitution should ever be considered a
'living' document'.

> It's like the Old Order Amish refusing electricity because the Bible
> doesn't mention it.

Another false analogy. The writers of the Bible apparently didn't
provide a means for amending it, so anyone choosing to rely solely on
its contents and contexts for ordering their lives has defacto limited
their ability to grow.

Not my problem, since the Framers of The Constitution did, in fact, have
the foresight to acknowledge that things may change enough in the future
that their Posterity may some day have a need to modify The Constitution
itself, and therefore provided a means to do just that. Thankfully, they
made it fairly difficult (but not impossible, it has been amended 27
times to date.