Web lists-archives.com

Re: Making America Polluted Again

On 20/03/2017 5:28 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 3/18/2017 10:18 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 19/03/2017 6:11 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

<Snip>

So, you think it is OK to give information to people who aren't
authorized to have it, potentially doing damage to the national
security, in the worst case, in violation of oaths, and rules, and
conditions of employment?

Yes, Ron! Sure, there are "Whistle Blowers" that are idiots that are
just seeking publicity, but I think the greater number of "Whistle
Blowers" are doing what they do for the greater good!

Even in The Armed Services, you are supposed to consider the orders you
are given, to decide if they are "legal" orders

What about the My Lai Massacre in Vietnam (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre ). Was that all okie dokie
because they were just following orders??

Partial quote from My Lai page .... "Initially, three U.S. servicemen
who had tried to halt the massacre and rescue the hiding civilians were
shunned, and even denounced as traitors by several U.S. Congressmen"

Should these three servicemen have just followed orders?? Or were they,
effectively, pre-emptive whistle blowers because they tried to halt the
massacre??

If you hold information that shows/proves that Your Government is
carrying out illegal/unlawful actions, you should be bound to dob on
your government.

IMHO, of course!

You are trying to raise an issue of wartime combat excesses into a
discussion of people who leak information about what is going on inside
government meetings?  Really?  And to a Vietnam era vet?

Really!

If they were in industry, and were leaking information about the details
of the latest iPhone, and Apple discovered them at it, what would happen
to them?  Firing, and blacklisting, at the least, if not prosecution.
But it it is government secrets, it's ok?

No, Ron, "Whilst Blowing" principles should apply everywhere!! ... Government, Corporate, Community, Family!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751