Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 2017-03-19 17:29, Disaster Master wrote:
On 3/19/2017, 4:28:52 PM, »Q« <boxcars@xxxxxxx> wrote:
In <news:mailman.509.1489949527.10543.general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Disaster Master <disasterlistmanager@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri Mar 17 2017 16:34:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Wolf K.
<wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I apologise for not marking my post as satire.
It wasn't satire, since what prompted it was entirely factual.
You have a *very* strange way of attempting to determine what is or
isn't satire.

Maybe you don't know what the word means?

Satire: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing,
denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

Since my comment was entirely factual, and didn't even come sloe to
resembling 'vice' or 'folly', or 'etc', what he used couldn't properly
be called 'satire'... it was more like just a really dumb comment he
tried to pass off as satire.

Knowing the dictionary definition isn't enough. You need a couple or five courses in literature. Then you'll have read enough satire to recognise it. FTR, I was using the technique of impersonation, as used by Swift in his Modest Proposal, which you should read, if you haven't done so already, in which case, read it again.

Have a good day,

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com