Web lists-archives.com

Re: Making America Polluted Again

On 03/18/2017 06:06 PM, Rinaldi wrote:
»Q« decreed, Read These Runes!:
In <news:58a5ca94-f332-6ae1-9eb2-408c3c875cb8@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Rinaldi <rm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

»Q« decreed, Read These Runes!:
In <news:597c364f-ba8d-157f-853f-142bad0ad2a4@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Rinaldi <rm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
»Q« decreed, Read These Runes!:
In <news:mailman.363.1489696156.10544.general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Disaster Master <disasterlistmanager@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu Mar 16 2017 16:24:28 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time),
Caver1 <caver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/16/2017 04:01 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Thu Mar 16 2017 15:45:42 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time),
Caver1 <caver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 03/16/2017 03:13 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
Those 'civil servants' are also known as the 'deep state' -
they are the ones actually in control of the government,
the ones who remain regardless of who is President or in
Congress.
By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is
just fake news.
Those in power love seeing the sheep bleet their ignorance.

The deep state is very real, and very heavily entrenched. I
doubt Trump can clean it out, Kennedy tried and look what it
got him.
You really are a conspiracy theorist aren't you.

Seriously? You think the existence of the deep state is a
conspiracy theory?

Sad little sheep...

The Trumpists have lately started to use the phrase to mean
something it hasn't before, as you have done in this thread.
It's amazing how quickly and unthinkingly they've adopted it
after a few Trump surrogates started tossing it around.  Sad
little sheep indeed.

The concept of a shadow government is all too real in many cases
(parliamentary governments).  Do you find it difficult to believe
we may have a facsimile here in the US of A?

A facsimile of a shadow government?
If not,

ITYM 'if so'?  I guess it doesn't matter, as I didn't answer the
first question.
to what end is this major thrust to tear down the president
and his cabinet?  It appears to be going beyond simple ideology.

Major thrust?  With no idea what you're talking about, I can only
say that the unprecedented chaos within the WH is sufficient to
explain the leaking.
tomayto tomahto.  Ho Hum.

For a guy as smart as you appear to be you can certainly play at being
obtuse.

I was asking a specific question which you avoided.

Yes, I meant a facsimile of a shadow government.

I wasn't playing at anything.  You did a horrible job of conveying
whatever 'specific question' you believe you had in mind.

I somehow knew it would be my fault ;-)

If you meant to ask whether I find it difficult to believe that we
*may* have a *facsimile* of a shadow government, and that the evidence
you asked me to consider for its possible existence is an alleged
"major thrust to tear down the president and his cabinet", my answer is
that you seem to have come unhinged.

Well, we can't have a *real* shadow government as we do not have a
parliamentary system.  What we *can* (and I believe do have) are career
bureaucrats resisting the transition from Obama to Trump.

Yes, I meant a facsimile of a shadow government.

Hookay.

Unprecedented Chaos?  Really?

Yup.

More "the animated contest of freedom".

Ha.
What little chaos there is seems to originate with holdover's from the
previous administration and not yet "drained", if you will.

Haha.

We disagree along ideological lines no doubt.

Certainly the news cycles are doing their best to create the illusion
of chaos but a simple look at motivation should certainly suffice to
discredit that claim.

Do you think you can work your way down to accepting the WH propaganda
that it's a well-oiled machine?

Nope.  But I can accept that a leader might wish to paint a picture of
what he sees as the ultimate fruition of his endeavor.  Leadership is
often cheer leading and encouragement.  Emphasize the positive.

Granted, in the face of organized opposition this is not always easy but
I believe that if anyone can pull it off, Trump can.  He continues to
surprise me.

Rinaldi

That's funny. He doesn't surprise anyone else.

--
Caver1