Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/17/2017 2:16 PM, Sailfish wrote:
3/17/2017 10:52 AM:

I haggled them down last year to $50/month (it's been 60Mbs for quite
a while, but who could tell?), but this year they wouldn't haggle and
upped it to $60.  We've always had our own router.  I don't know what
it costs them on a monthly basis, but they put in the hardware a long
time ago and it seems like they could afford to charge us only
$1/month over their cost and still make a profit.  If we quit they get
nothing.  We quit once quite a while back, so at least we're on record
for just walking out, but that doesn't seem to matter now.

Yeah, me too. After dropping them, I had ATT for many years until their
price per pitiful 3Mbps rate became way over-priced and Charter again
appeared to be the better plan (back when it was $49/mo @ 30Mbps.) I
just looked at ATT again and they're asking $30/mo @ 45Mbps for 12
months but their details are so weasel-worded about bundling, data
limits and cost post-12mo that I'm leery until I find out more.

ATT recently expanded service in this area so that people are bundling Direct TV with the newly available U-verse service. I have seen an ATT install truck in the neighborhood daily for the last few weeks. Not going that way.