Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/17/2017 12:25 PM, Sailfish wrote:
3/17/2017 10:02 AM:

I'm not poor, but $10/year is just fine for voice communication.  Just
because we can afford something doesn't mean we want to buy it.
Charter Internet + Ooma VOIP is $64/month -- which I consider a
ripoff, but it's the only crap game in town and it's just double what
AT&T was charging for local POTS service.  I'd like to have somebody
sell me a chunk of data for a reasonable amount that was good until
used up, but not so far.  I only need it when I'm away from home and
need information, so I'm not willing to pay much at all.

My Charter bill just jumped another $5/mo. to $65/mo. They tend to do
price increases every March, as I've been told. OTOH, they bumped my
download bandwidth from 30Mbps to over 60Mbps so, there is that. Just
wish they waited for me to find a need to get even close to half of the
previous 30Mbps bandwidth :-)

I also have 60mbps, but like all other speeds, waiting for connections, and slow servers, still is at the same 0bps speed. Sigh. But if I upload a picture, it does go faster. Sigh.