Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 3/17/2017 10:52 AM:

I haggled them down last year to $50/month (it's been 60Mbs for quite a while, but who could tell?), but this year they wouldn't haggle and upped it to $60. We've always had our own router. I don't know what it costs them on a monthly basis, but they put in the hardware a long time ago and it seems like they could afford to charge us only $1/month over their cost and still make a profit. If we quit they get nothing. We quit once quite a while back, so at least we're on record for just walking out, but that doesn't seem to matter now.

Yeah, me too. After dropping them, I had ATT for many years until their price per pitiful 3Mbps rate became way over-priced and Charter again appeared to be the better plan (back when it was $49/mo @ 30Mbps.) I just looked at ATT again and they're asking $30/mo @ 45Mbps for 12 months but their details are so weasel-worded about bundling, data limits and cost post-12mo that I'm leery until I find out more.

--
Sailfish