Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 03/17/2017 10:25 AM, Sailfish wrote:
3/17/2017 10:02 AM:

I'm not poor, but $10/year is just fine for voice communication.  Just
because we can afford something doesn't mean we want to buy it. Charter
Internet + Ooma VOIP is $64/month -- which I consider a ripoff, but it's
the only crap game in town and it's just double what AT&T was charging
for local POTS service.  I'd like to have somebody sell me a chunk of
data for a reasonable amount that was good until used up, but not so
far.  I only need it when I'm away from home and need information, so
I'm not willing to pay much at all.

My Charter bill just jumped another $5/mo. to $65/mo. They tend to do
price increases every March, as I've been told. OTOH, they bumped my
download bandwidth from 30Mbps to over 60Mbps so, there is that. Just
wish they waited for me to find a need to get even close to half of the
previous 30Mbps bandwidth :-)

I haggled them down last year to $50/month (it's been 60Mbs for quite a while, but who could tell?), but this year they wouldn't haggle and upped it to $60. We've always had our own router. I don't know what it costs them on a monthly basis, but they put in the hardware a long time ago and it seems like they could afford to charge us only $1/month over their cost and still make a profit. If we quit they get nothing. We quit once quite a while back, so at least we're on record for just walking out, but that doesn't seem to matter now.

--
Cheers, Bev
  The people who don't know what they're doing and the people who