Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/17/2017 at 2:29 AM, Ron Hunter's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
I live in the heart of the Left Coast so I believe the cost of
everything here (except for fresh veggies?) is more expensive than
Texas. If it weren't for me owning my home full and clear and the
property tax price governor of Proposition 13, I would have a whole lot
less discretionary income. Unfortunately, my kids and grandkids will not
be so fortuitous.

Yes, seeing the look on people moving from California, or the Northeast, to Texas when they go home shopping is pretty interesting. Usually, their jaws are slung a bit low.

That was me in 1998 when we moved from NJ to the Atlanta area. I wasn't working but, even so, after about 6 months here I said, "Geez! What am I gonna do with all this extra money?!!!" Cost of living difference was astonishing, even though I knew it beforehand.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/