Web lists-archives.com

Re: Making America Polluted Again

On 3/16/2017 4:10 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Caver1 graced us with on 3/16/2017
12:45 PM:
On 03/16/2017 03:13 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Thu Mar 16 2017 11:34:46 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
<caver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought the swamp referred to the politicians, lobbyists,
and such.
Not the civil servants, which he is getting rid of.

Those 'civil servants' are also known as the 'deep state' - they are the
ones actually in control of the government, the ones who remain
regardless of who is President or in Congress.

By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is just fake news.

Deep state/shadow government is real and has been around for many
administrations. If you agree that the swamp consists of pols and
lobbyists (which I do) then it makes more sense than not to believe that
those mover/shakers hadn't made sure that key people within the
bureaucracy were selected based on their ability to keep the inertia of
the ship of state moving in a predisposed direction through machinations
behind the scenes.

Anyway, both uber-corrupt Hillary and selfish Narcissist-in-Chief Trump
were terribly offered choices. Regrettably, we've been getting the
government we deserve since the 70s and I'm beginning to more
intellectually understand why the 500BC Athenian philosophers riled
against democracy and their pending doom from the Peloponnesian War.

I just hope it hangs together until I am gone.