Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/16/2017 4:57 PM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-03-16 16:49, Sailfish wrote:
3/16/2017 8:00 AM:
On 3/16/2017 5:34 AM, Sailfish wrote:
3/15/2017 11:18 PM:

My wife did ours last year.  It is dead simple, and we really wouldn't
have to file except some places we deal with need a tax report to
continue providing their services at a reduced rate.  Takes less than
an hour.  One of the benefits of being 'poor'.

Says the one who owns an iPhone 7 :-)

What has having only SS and pension income, which doesn't change, and
places me in the lower part of the 'middle class' to do with what phone
I have.

Lower middle-class is NOT poor. My situation is very similar to yours
and while I don't own an iAnything anymore, it's more out of my
inner-frugality than out of the inability to afford it. I don't consider
myself poor, btw.

I'm just above the median income here. Could afford iAnything, just
don't like the price/quality ratio.

The iPhone is priced right with the competition for the similar feature set, and performance. This is unusual for Apple products, which are usually twice the price of similar items. I have found the quality to be very good, except in the case of the iPhone 5. I went through 4 of them in the two years I had one. One had a bad camera (wouldn't focus), the next one lasted a year and a half and the home button stopped working, then it just died. The replacement had wi-fi problems, and the last one worked fine until I got an iPhone 6. No problem with the iPhone 6, or, so far with the iPhone 7. Other than getting one soaked with water in her purse, my wife has had no trouble with hers since the 3GS (which still works).
I call that pretty good for this kind of device.