Web lists-archives.com

Re: Making America Polluted Again

My bloviated meandering follows what Caver1 graced us with on 3/16/2017 12:45 PM:
On 03/16/2017 03:13 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Thu Mar 16 2017 11:34:46 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Caver1
<caver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought the swamp referred to the politicians, lobbyists,
and such.
Not the civil servants, which he is getting rid of.

Those 'civil servants' are also known as the 'deep state' - they are the
ones actually in control of the government, the ones who remain
regardless of who is President or in Congress.

By the actual meaning of deep state it doesn't apply.
Trump and his cronies complaining about the deep state is just fake news.

Deep state/shadow government is real and has been around for many administrations. If you agree that the swamp consists of pols and lobbyists (which I do) then it makes more sense than not to believe that those mover/shakers hadn't made sure that key people within the bureaucracy were selected based on their ability to keep the inertia of the ship of state moving in a predisposed direction through machinations behind the scenes.

Anyway, both uber-corrupt Hillary and selfish Narcissist-in-Chief Trump were terribly offered choices. Regrettably, we've been getting the government we deserve since the 70s and I'm beginning to more intellectually understand why the 500BC Athenian philosophers riled against democracy and their pending doom from the Peloponnesian War.

--
Sailfish