Web lists-archives.com

Re: Mozilla Statement on CIA / Wikileaks

On 2017-03-16 12:29, WaltS48 wrote:
On 3/16/17 11:10 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
[...]
PC Building Simulator is a game for Windows and Linux devices in which
you simulate the building of desktop computer systems.

<http://www.ghacks.net/2017/03/16/pc-building-simulator-for-windows-and-linux/>

If you have the slightest mechanical ability you can build your own.

The motherboard goes in the case, the CPU goes into the socket on the
motherboard, and can only be inserted one way because it is keyed, the
RAM goes into the memory slots, again only one way because they are
keyed, the connectors to the hard drives can only be connected one way
because they are keyed.

This one is 9 years old, has a 3.2 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, 200 GB and 1 TB
hard drives. I was thinking of getting a 3.6 GHz CPU and 8 GB more RAM,
but don't think I would notice any increase in performance.

If you are into video editing, the extra RAM will help. The faster CPU, not so much. A higher powered graphics card, quite a bit.

Have a good day,

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com