Web lists-archives.com

Re: Mozilla Statement on CIA / Wikileaks

On 3/16/17 11:10 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 3/16/2017 8:32 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 16/03/2017 10:56 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 3/8/2017
7:41 AM:
//A couple of quotes from
<https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/2017/03/07/mozilla-statement-on-cia-wikileaks/>

If the information released in today’s reports are accurate, then it
proves the CIA is undermining the security of the internet – and so
is Wikileaks.

Once governments become aware of a security vulnerability, they have
a responsibility to consider how and when (not whether) to disclose
the vulnerability to the affected company so they can fix the problem
and protect users.

REF:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-march-patch-tuesday-rollout,33906.html

[excerpt quote=\"
Microsoft has remained silent on why it chose to delay the February
update in the first place.
\" /]

Early notification regarding WikiLeaks Microsoft vulns?

Hmm! About 24hrs ago, when I switched this laptop off, it applied (I
think) three updates .... first time I had that happen in months.

When I booted up this evening, it applied almost 6,000 updates to the
Registry and re-booted!

Does that mean my laptop is healthy now?? ;-)

No, it means Microsoft OWNS it, and they are letting you know that you have NO CONTROL of it. That is why I won't be buying another desktop computer when this one bites the dust.

And this just appeared!

PC Building Simulator is a game for Windows and Linux devices in which you simulate the building of desktop computer systems.

<http://www.ghacks.net/2017/03/16/pc-building-simulator-for-windows-and-linux/>

If you have the slightest mechanical ability you can build your own.

The motherboard goes in the case, the CPU goes into the socket on the motherboard, and can only be inserted one way because it is keyed, the RAM goes into the memory slots, again only one way because they are keyed, the connectors to the hard drives can only be connected one way because they are keyed.

This one is 9 years old, has a 3.2 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, 200 GB and 1 TB hard drives. I was thinking of getting a 3.6 GHz CPU and 8 GB more RAM, but don't think I would notice any increase in performance.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS