Web lists-archives.com

Re: Mozilla Statement on CIA / Wikileaks

On 3/16/2017 8:32 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 16/03/2017 10:56 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 3/8/2017
7:41 AM:
//A couple of quotes from
<https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/2017/03/07/mozilla-statement-on-cia-wikileaks/>

If the information released in today’s reports are accurate, then it
proves the CIA is undermining the security of the internet – and so
is Wikileaks.

Once governments become aware of a security vulnerability, they have
a responsibility to consider how and when (not whether) to disclose
the vulnerability to the affected company so they can fix the problem
and protect users.

REF:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-march-patch-tuesday-rollout,33906.html

[excerpt quote=\"
Microsoft has remained silent on why it chose to delay the February
update in the first place.
\" /]

Early notification regarding WikiLeaks Microsoft vulns?

Hmm! About 24hrs ago, when I switched this laptop off, it applied (I
think) three updates .... first time I had that happen in months.

When I booted up this evening, it applied almost 6,000 updates to the
Registry and re-booted!

Does that mean my laptop is healthy now?? ;-)

No, it means Microsoft OWNS it, and they are letting you know that you have NO CONTROL of it. That is why I won't be buying another desktop computer when this one bites the dust.