Web lists-archives.com

Re: Mozilla Statement on CIA / Wikileaks

On 3/16/17 9:32 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 16/03/2017 10:56 PM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 3/8/2017
7:41 AM:
//A couple of quotes from
<https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/2017/03/07/mozilla-statement-on-cia-wikileaks/>

If the information released in today’s reports are accurate, then it
proves the CIA is undermining the security of the internet – and so
is Wikileaks.

Once governments become aware of a security vulnerability, they have
a responsibility to consider how and when (not whether) to disclose
the vulnerability to the affected company so they can fix the problem
and protect users.

REF:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-march-patch-tuesday-rollout,33906.html

[excerpt quote=\"
Microsoft has remained silent on why it chose to delay the February
update in the first place.
\" /]

Early notification regarding WikiLeaks Microsoft vulns?

Hmm! About 24hrs ago, when I switched this laptop off, it applied (I think) three updates .... first time I had that happen in months.

When I booted up this evening, it applied almost 6,000 updates to the Registry and re-booted!

Does that mean my laptop is healthy now?? ;-)

Patch Tuesday was this week. I should know to wait.

*Microsoft shipped new security updates on March 14 <http://news.softpedia.com/news/huge-patch-tuesday-brings-windows-fixes-including-new-cumulative-updates-513925.shtml> as part of the company’s Patch Tuesday release, and although everything seemed to work correctly at first, it now looks like there are Windows 10 users who are struggling with issues after updating their systems.*

<http://news.softpedia.com/news/march-14-updates-breaking-down-windows-10-kb4013418-possibly-to-blame-513982.shtml>

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS