Web lists-archives.com

Re: Making America Polluted Again

On 3/16/17 2:11 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 3/15/2017 4:41 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
"We're going to work on the CAFE standards so you can make cars in
America again," Trump said. "We're gonna help the companies and
they're gonna help you."

I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in America. 😲

Doesn't California have stricter requirements? Maybe that's why cars
aren't manufactured there.

Like the quote about not needing friends abroad. People there really are
going to think we are stupid.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-expected-announce-rollback-auto-emissions-regulations-michigan/story?id=46133053

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt
<http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/scott-pruitt.htm> has
delayed regulations that were made in response to a 2013 explosion at
a fertilizer storage plant in West, Texas, that killed 15 people and
injured more than 250 others.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/epa-roll-back-chemical-plant-safety-rules/story?id=46129635

Yes, and the reason indicates the bill needs more thinking, as it required companies to submit a report of what materials they had that could be explosive, and detail where they were stored, and how much, and the reports weren't classified. Sometimes a bill is rejected for good reasons. We can make distance laws about such things, without going overboard. Right now, there is one a few miles from here that is no more than a block from an elementary school. Other things, like blast deflectors, can make these plants safer, without closing down plants that employ a large number of workers, and make essential chemicals.

And those companies are going to voluntarily do the work to make the plants safer? Sorry, that would cost money and reduce our profits.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS