Web lists-archives.com

Re: Making America Polluted Again

On 3/15/2017 4:41 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
"We're going to work on the CAFE standards so you can make cars in
America again," Trump said. "We're gonna help the companies and
they're gonna help you."

I didn't know they prevented manufacturers from making cars in America. 😲

Doesn't California have stricter requirements? Maybe that's why cars
aren't manufactured there.

Like the quote about not needing friends abroad. People there really are
going to think we are stupid.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-expected-announce-rollback-auto-emissions-regulations-michigan/story?id=46133053

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt
<http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/scott-pruitt.htm> has
delayed regulations that were made in response to a 2013 explosion at
a fertilizer storage plant in West, Texas, that killed 15 people and
injured more than 250 others.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/epa-roll-back-chemical-plant-safety-rules/story?id=46129635

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Yes, and the reason indicates the bill needs more thinking, as it required companies to submit a report of what materials they had that could be explosive, and detail where they were stored, and how much, and the reports weren't classified. Sometimes a bill is rejected for good reasons. We can make distance laws about such things, without going overboard. Right now, there is one a few miles from here that is no more than a block from an elementary school. Other things, like blast deflectors, can make these plants safer, without closing down plants that employ a large number of workers, and make essential chemicals.