Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 03/13/2017 10:50 PM, Sailfish wrote:
3/13/2017 9:14 PM:

Hmm.  I have both and never thought about putting it on an external drive.

When Best Buy has 4 or 5 TB external drives were on sale a couple of
times (generally Black Friday) we bought several and took them out of
the enclosures.  No explanation for why the external drives were cheaper
than the internal ones.  I've also got a slot in the front of my
computer that takes a removable internal drive.

Perfect, I use DiskWizard (Seagates Acronis freeware) to clone-backup my
system entire system weekly to my 2TB portable drive and it takes less
than 2 hours. Its set to auto shutdown on completion.

Note: I also have an extra 2TB internal hardrive that I use DiscWizard
to clone-backup monthly.

I take the portable backup with me when I'm on trip, just in case the
house burns down or gets broken into.

More to think about, and THINKING IS HARD!  Especially when I have to
finish up the taxes by Thursday so I can shop and pack for a 1-week trip
to Brian Head and then another week tooling around the Capitol
Reef-Monument Valley area.

Taxes are no fun but here's hoping your trips will be eventful.

I got it all printed and wrote the checks and stuffed the envelopes and then discovered another 1099 :-( It took a couple of hours just to do that, which seems insane.

I'm really bummed with HRBlock's software. It just does stuff in stupid ways. Like trying to get my quarterly payments for the feds to actually print MY name and SS along with the amount I wanted. One attempt resulted in no info at all. Other stupid stuff.

I wonder why they don't hand it to a friend to test -- someone who does this shit once a year and does her best to forget about it the rest of the time. Isn't something like that what QA is supposed to do? I used to be a QA person. I LOVE finding problems for other people to solve!

It's cheaper than TT, though, and TT was clunky in different ways -- the worst lying to me about successfully e-submitting my forms. It looked funny, and I was down to the wire, so I sent in paper anyway. Last time I used TT. Maybe it's worse now, along with being more expensive.

--
Cheers, Bev
    Please hassle me, I thrive on stress.