Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On Wed Mar 15 2017 12:21:44 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Wolf K.
<wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2017-03-15 10:19, Disaster Master wrote:
>> On Tue Feb 21 2017 09:06:52 GMT-0500 (Eastern Daylight Time), Wolf K.
>> <wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Even those who pay no income tax (the bottom 20% or so) pay taxes.
>> There are a lot of 'poor' people who not only pay no taxes, they receive
>> welfare in many forms - ever heard of the 'Earned Income Tax Credit'?
>> Yes, they may pay some 'sales taxes', but they receive far more than
>> they pay.
> Well, maybe so. Why shouldn't they?

Because they didn't earn it? Because it was taken at gunpoint from others?

> Anyhow, I'm not referring only about the direct sales tax, I'm talking
> about the taxes passed on in the pre-tax price. Since the Government
> accounts for about 1/3rd of the GDP,

Sorry, the government doesn't produce anything - except for red tape.

The government is 100% a leech/consumer.

> about 1/3rd of every dollar you spend goes to government

Not sure where you got that figure from...

> Taking an even larger view, our economy depends on consumption, not
> production. No consumption, no production.

That is a pretty silly comment.

It actually depends on BOTH, but of course that is obvious.

> You should be happy that the
> government subsidises consumption.

Well, I'm not, I'd prefer they get the hell out of my life and my way.

> Unlike trickle-down, trickle-up
> works: it keep you in business. There's only one wallet: the consumer's.

False dichotomy. A good 'consumer' is also a PRODUCER.

> The reason our economy is a mess is that too much money is redistributed
> upward and extracted from the economy,

Yeah, let's just forget about the money that is redistributed downward
to leeches and parasites.

> and used as play-money in the silly game called the stock-market.

No clue what you mean here. The stock market is a voluntary game, and
while I agree it is mostly rigged, there is no law that makes you
participate.

> And the reason for that is that too many people believe that the purpose of the economy is to make money.

I've never heard of anyone who thinks that. The purpose of the economy
is to facilitate trade.

> That's like believing that the purpose of eating is to produce shit.

Ok, thats why you posited the prior false claim about the economy, so
you could make this silly/false analogy.