Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 3/13/2017 9:14 PM:

Hmm.  I have both and never thought about putting it on an external drive.

When Best Buy has 4 or 5 TB external drives were on sale a couple of times (generally Black Friday) we bought several and took them out of the enclosures. No explanation for why the external drives were cheaper than the internal ones. I've also got a slot in the front of my computer that takes a removable internal drive.

Perfect, I use DiskWizard (Seagates Acronis freeware) to clone-backup my system entire system weekly to my 2TB portable drive and it takes less than 2 hours. Its set to auto shutdown on completion.

Note: I also have an extra 2TB internal hardrive that I use DiscWizard to clone-backup monthly.

I take the portable backup with me when I'm on trip, just in case the house burns down or gets broken into.

More to think about, and THINKING IS HARD! Especially when I have to finish up the taxes by Thursday so I can shop and pack for a 1-week trip to Brian Head and then another week tooling around the Capitol Reef-Monument Valley area.

Taxes are no fun but here's hoping your trips will be eventful.

--
Sailfish