Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/13/2017 11:22 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Disaster Master graced us with on
3/13/2017 5:02 AM:
On Sat Mar 11 2017 02:46:34 GMT-0500 (Eastern Daylight Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All it takes in installing the iCloud accessory on a PC,

I would never install any Apple software on a Windows machine. It may
work fine for Apple machines, but their Windows versions of software are
system HOGS (*especially* iTunes). Don't know about iCloud itself, but I
have no desire to find out.

Have to agree. I made the mistake of installing iTunes when I purchased
an iPod Touch several years back and ended up uninstalling it after
realizing that its bloat was not worth any purported benefits that it
was supposed to provide.

I later got fooled again when I purchased Adobe Premiere for Windows (an
Apple port) to do some home video editing. Not only was it a space hog
and resource hog, its UI was horrid, akin to console game
controller-based gameplay ports to Windows mouse-based gameplay. I
uninstalled it and used a less-expensive, less bloaty, more responsive
and more featured Windows video editing program.

I have to agree. The PC version of iTunes is about the worst piece of crap software I have ever seen. Unfortunately, some of the features are pretty much essential if you have an iPhone and want to make best use of it.