Web lists-archives.com

Re: Verizon migration to AOL (Problems)

This is just one of the many scenarios/reasons you should never use your
ISP for your email service.

What I always tell friends family:

1. If you don't already have (at least) one (if you do, pick one to use
for this purpose), create an account with one of the large freemailer
services out there: GMail.com, Outlook.com, etc...

2. Log into your ISP account one time the first time you get set up with
them (repeat this step anytime you move/change your ISP), and set the
primary email they assign to your account to auto-forward to your
personal freemail account.

It is important to do this in case your ISP uses that primary email for
important notifications, which most if not all do.

3. Done.

You'll never have to worry about it again.

Oh - and never, ever use your ISP's DNS servers. Use either OpenDNS's or
Google's.