Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 13/03/2017 1:57 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 3/12/2017 4:04 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 12/03/2017 6:53 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

<Snip>

like vacation pictures directly from my iPhone to Facebook.  The
downside of this is that the images are greatly reduced in
quality/resolution, and have the metadata stripped from them.

and, I'm guessing, not just your's, Ron!

Not sure just what you mean.  I load the images from my phone to
Facebook, and, yes, all uploaded photos are stripped of their metadata
by Facebook to prevent stalkers from finding people because they forgot
to strip their GPS data from their images.

Would you believe, when I re-read my post, later, I was thinking it's meaning was not a clear as I had hoped.

What I was trying to suggest was that, once you post anything to FaceBook, etc., it becomes their property (for "fair use" or some such!), so it is probably better that the poster strip out the identifying info as much as possible.

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751