Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 03/12/2017 08:48 AM, David B. wrote:
On 12/03/2017 14:57, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 3/12/2017 4:04 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 12/03/2017 6:53 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

<Snip>

like vacation pictures directly from my iPhone to Facebook.  The
downside of this is that the images are greatly reduced in
quality/resolution, and have the metadata stripped from them.

and, I'm guessing, not just your's, Ron!

Not sure just what you mean.  I load the images from my phone to
Facebook, and, yes, all uploaded photos are stripped of their metadata
by Facebook to prevent stalkers from finding people because they forgot
to strip their GPS data from their images.

I deleted that capability immediately.

Would you like to hazard a guess as to the percentage of Internet users
who have any kind of clue as to what you mean by "Metadata"?!!

I'd guess that potential stalkers probably know all about it.

I admit that I had no idea at all until I discovered Jeffrey's Image
Metadata Viewer a few years ago!

http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi

A great site to explore!  :-)

--
Cheers, Bev
 Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least two to one.