Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 12/03/2017 14:57, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 3/12/2017 4:04 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 12/03/2017 6:53 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

<Snip>

like vacation pictures directly from my iPhone to Facebook.  The
downside of this is that the images are greatly reduced in
quality/resolution, and have the metadata stripped from them.

and, I'm guessing, not just your's, Ron!

Not sure just what you mean.  I load the images from my phone to
Facebook, and, yes, all uploaded photos are stripped of their metadata
by Facebook to prevent stalkers from finding people because they forgot
to strip their GPS data from their images.

Would you like to hazard a guess as to the percentage of Internet users who have any kind of clue as to what you mean by "Metadata"?!!

I admit that I had no idea at all until I discovered Jeffrey's Image Metadata Viewer a few years ago!

http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi

A great site to explore!  :-)