Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/11/2017 6:12 PM, Sailfish wrote:
3/11/2017 1:11 PM:
On 3/11/2017 2:20 AM, Sailfish wrote:
3/10/2017 11:42 PM:

iCloud is available for the PC.  I use it to check my wife's iCloud
account now and then.  But it requires she share her ID and
password....

You must have missed the part in the beginning where Bev indicated that
it's not available for Linux; thus, her inquiry here.

I know SHE uses Linux, but that doesn't mean her relatives do too, or
is Linux 'genetic'?  grin.

le sigh, her daughter uses an iDevice in which she stores her photos on
her iCloud account. What her other relatives use isn't relevant unless
they are in close proximity the Bev when she has a hankering to peruse
her daughter's familial pictures, yes? AND, from Bev's previous
discussions, she had mentioned that both her and her hubby are Linux,
not Windows, users.

What seems very clear is that you either hadn't read this thread very
attentively from the beginning or just skimmed over some of it, and are
now just attempting to haphazardly find a way out of this in the hope
that others might not notice it :-)

As long as both parties have access to the internet, getting the images is a pretty simple matter. It just might require some effort, and data expense, to get it done. Learning how to do it is a matter of being willing to expend the effort. I don't use iCloud for storing my images, but rather Dropbox. This makes it pretty easy to allow others to see them. I also post things like vacation pictures directly from my iPhone to Facebook. The downside of this is that the images are greatly reduced in quality/resolution, and have the metadata stripped from them.