Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 03/11/2017 04:12 PM, Sailfish wrote:
3/11/2017 1:11 PM:
On 3/11/2017 2:20 AM, Sailfish wrote:
3/10/2017 11:42 PM:

iCloud is available for the PC.  I use it to check my wife's iCloud
account now and then.  But it requires she share her ID and password....

You must have missed the part in the beginning where Bev indicated that
it's not available for Linux; thus, her inquiry here.

I know SHE uses Linux, but that doesn't mean her relatives do too, or is
Linux 'genetic'?  grin.

le sigh, her daughter uses an iDevice in which she stores her photos on
her iCloud account. What her other relatives use isn't relevant unless
they are in close proximity the Bev when she has a hankering to peruse
her daughter's familial pictures, yes? AND, from Bev's previous
discussions, she had mentioned that both her and her hubby are Linux,
not Windows, users.

What seems very clear is that you either hadn't read this thread very
attentively from the beginning or just skimmed over some of it, and are
now just attempting to haphazardly find a way out of this in the hope
that others might not notice it :-)

Come on, we need to forgive Ron -- remember, he and I are (I think) the same age!

I like the way Picasa did it. I could post a link to a 'public' album, and if anybody wanted to browse around in my other public albums it was no problem. Having to have an individual link for each album is annoying.

I suspect that the simplest thing is for me to install iCloud on my android tablet. I don't really need to see them on my computer, the tablet is good enough.

--
Cheers, Bev
  "Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea: