Web lists-archives.com

Re: Ping: Mike Easter (probably OT here)

On 10/03/2017 18:51, Mike Easter wrote:
David B. wrote:
Mike - YOU start a thread there, and we'll progress from there.

No.

As you wish. It's your prerogative.

I don't participate there; I lurk occasionally. I don't think you
are going to offend Mike Duffy by explaining your efforts to investigate
his site and its provider.

There's certainly no reason for him to be offended!

"The more feature rich your website is, the more vulnerable it is to attack. Many website owners want to create an engaging user experience by offering photos, videos, shopping carts, and other dynamic elements. Research conducted by SiteLock and staff from the Wharton School of Business found that websites with high complexity can be 10 times more likely to be compromised than websites with low complexity. However, these types of complex code and third-party applications make a website susceptible to web application vulnerabilities. For example, a URL redirect is a popular web application vulnerability, in which the attacker will redirect a user to a malicious website in an effort to steal traffic and information."

https://blog.sitelock.com/2016/06/what-is-malware-and-how-can-it-infect-my-website/

--

Have YOU, Mike, actually /visited/ Mike Duffy's web site?

D.