Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 03/08/2017 04:02 PM, Sailfish wrote:
3/8/2017 3:38 PM:
On 03/08/2017 11:13 AM, Sailfish wrote:
3/6/2017 10:46 AM:
Daughter posts her thousands of travel photos to iCloud in some
automatic way and then arranges to have a link sent.  Unfortunately it
demands that I use an iDevice to see her photos.  Is it possible that
Apple wants ONLY apple stuff to be shared with other apple users?

If there's some workaround, does anybody know what it is?  What can I
tell her to do to make her photos visible to the rest of us?

She put them on google photos too, but only shared the announcement post. I figured out what you're supposed to do. Just in case anyone needs it...

1.  Open your album.
2.  Click on the 'share' thing
3.  Click on the 'get link' thing down at the bottom
4.  Click on 'copy'
5.  Paste that into an email.

Picasa was better, of course, but it seems that now whatever google touches turns to shit, or at least closer to shit than it was before.

Maybe using VirtualBox and creating a virgin Win7 VM and installing
iCloud for Windows on it?

I'll think about that.  I deleted my OLD VB, freeing up a lot of space,
 and maybe I could put it on its own partition so I wouldn't have to
worry about the space it occupies.  I hate having backups take many hours.

My VB on Win7 takes up about 130+MB (not including drivers and VMs), as
near as I can tell. Is yours much more than that?

Many GB, as I recall.  XP on slackware.

--
Cheers, Bev
   Q:  How many lawyers does it take to grease a combine?