Web lists-archives.com

Re: Ping: Mike Easter (probably OT here)

On 08/03/2017 18:45, Good Guy wrote:
On 08/03/2017 16:48, Mike Easter wrote:

Alternatively; sometimes a/your email address may be
'attacked'/harassed by an adversary who 'goes around' dropping your
email at 'free4all' sites which are notorious for 'mailing lists'
which are built improperly from non-verified addresses causing you to
get tons of junk and spam and it is difficult to get 'de-listed'
unsubbed.

It is "impossible" to get removed from such lists once you are in.  The
list is sold in the dark web for peanuts and millions of people are
actually buying them.  Indian call centers are another source of such
lists where you can buy a DVD for $5.00.  As you may know, all companies
that you may know of have sub-contracted their IT work to India without
any safe guards as far as I can see except that they can make more money
by using the services of Indian companies.  No wonder all the top
companies now have Indian as their head.

Interesting comment, 'Good Guy'. Thanks. :-)

Are you aware of THIS facility?

SSL Server Security Test   https://www.htbridge.com/ssl/

I got an unexpected result when I 'tested' the 'professional' web provider's site:- http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm

https://www.htbridge.com/ssl/?id=72df6a9cfc7debca8b2c769523b326de11c24f0c2a318f4982f51b96799706dc

I'd not anticipated a big red 'F'!

THIS is the kind of result I had expected https://www.htbridge.com/ssl/?id=ec7e29aad53effabb13aa2ccb8020fa734e5b28982c7347079272de587155ce6

There was a choice of TWO IP addresses! This result was at 104.24.22.72

Perhaps I shouldn't be concerned when I read things such as this:-

"The server does not have SSL/TLS encryption on port 443. Data exchange with end-users can be intercepted."

(That is shown on Mike Duffy's 'F' page!)

As Mike Easter will confirm, though, I sometime get a 'hinky' feeling about things! He invariably finds no problem though.

Have a great day!  :-)