Web lists-archives.com

Re: Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed

On 08/03/2017 14:21, WaltS48 wrote:

Keeping devices up to date is the best way to avoid vulnerabilities -- that includes software and hardware updates.

Except that each updates contains new tools to get into your machine. Without disclosing the source, I understand that Microsoft's each monthly updates installs something new for it to accumulate data and deletes the old tools so that they don't waste time on old stuff. This being the case, some people never update their machine regularly. I update my machines once every 3 months when I feel like!!

To me new features are important but security updates are the last thing in my mind. I use "common sense" when it comes to security but the term "Common" is a misnomer here because it is not common with everybody!!.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.