Web lists-archives.com

Re: Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed

On 2017-03-08 09:02, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Mar 08 2017 08:36:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Wolf K.
<wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anybody who needs Wikileaks to "discover" that the CIA et al are using
every available cybertool and weapon is just too naive for words.

Did you miss the fact that this dump contains the actual tools themselves???

Nope, I was responding to Walt's "I suppose I should be interested...", which I parse as an alternative version of the sentiment expressed in my post. Sorry for lack of clarity.

This is a little more than just an 'fyi'...

Yes, indeed. IMO, you'll see a) a slew of attacks by "private individuals" as well as the usual crooks, using these tools; and b) updating of security to counter the CIA attacks. The CIA is of course constantly updating its tools, as are the security services of every country in the world. For some of those, the leaked CIA tools will be a welcome saving of labour.

Have a good day,

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com