Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 3/7/2017 2:04 AM On a whim, David B. pounded out on the keyboard

On 06/03/2017 23:55, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2017 12:53 PM, David B. wrote:
On 06/03/2017 18:46, The Real Bev wrote:
Daughter posts her thousands of travel photos to iCloud in some
automatic way and then arranges to have a link sent.  Unfortunately it
demands that I use an iDevice to see her photos.  Is it possible that
Apple wants ONLY apple stuff to be shared with other apple users?
Bad construction.  Should be "...wants apple stuff to be shared ONLY
with other apples users?"  Carry on.

Correction accepted! :-)

If there's some workaround, does anybody know what it is?  What can I
tell her to do to make her photos visible to the rest of us?
Apple's iCloud is FANTASTIC!  :-D

Photos taken on an iPhone are almost instantly viewable on my iPad and
iMac - it's like ....... magic!

Recommendation?  Get an iDevice!  You'll love it! ;-)
Overkill for my needs by a factor of a thousand.  Well, maybe 500...

Daughter said she'd put her photos on google+.  Maybe she'll even do it.

Family photos ------>   Facebook!

Have you actually TRIED it?

I set it up for an elderly pal of mine who is now 93 years of age. He's
fascinated that he can now communicate easily with his daughter in
Sydney, Australia and with a granddaughter in Hong Kong!

FWIW, I've not found Google+ to be the easiest facility to use. :-(

At least one doesn't have to own an idevice and provide Apple your credit card info with AppleID. Closed architecture = closed minds. You can't even get someone to look at an Apple computer at the iStore without an AppleID.

Google Photos/Drive is an excellent sharing mechanism. And full quality photos placed in GPhotos don't count against the default 15 gig per user. Nor do any documents or spreadsheets created using GDocs/GSheets.