Web lists-archives.com

Re: News-server difficulty

On 03/07/2017 11:37 AM, Mike Easter wrote:
Mike Easter wrote:

http://discerninghistory.com/2013/05/shackletons-ad-men-wanted-for-hazerdous-journey/

The article talks about the great fame of the article/ad and has a
artist's 'rendering' but the 'genuine' ad itself doesn't seem to be in
anyone's hands.

The above article refers to a different article (and award offer); that
article is mostly/also fruitless except for one letter near the end
which makes an 'unsubstantiated' (and doubtful to me) claim.

See Pete Leavers email at http://www.antarctic-circle.org/advert.htm

I WANT it to be real! SOMEWHERE there's a copy of the newspaper or flyer, I just know it.... Somebody said it couldn't be true, there was no way to reach Shackleton. I would think that anyone who might qualify for the expedition would be able to figure out how to do it.

--
Cheers, Bev
              Non illegitimi carborundum.