Web lists-archives.com

Re: iCloud

On 03/07/2017 02:04 AM, David B. wrote:
On 06/03/2017 23:55, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/06/2017 12:53 PM, David B. wrote:
On 06/03/2017 18:46, The Real Bev wrote:
Daughter posts her thousands of travel photos to iCloud in some
automatic way and then arranges to have a link sent.  Unfortunately it
demands that I use an iDevice to see her photos.  Is it possible that
Apple wants ONLY apple stuff to be shared with other apple users?

Bad construction.  Should be "...wants apple stuff to be shared ONLY
with other apples users?"  Carry on.

Correction accepted! :-)

If there's some workaround, does anybody know what it is?  What can I
tell her to do to make her photos visible to the rest of us?

Apple's iCloud is FANTASTIC!  :-D

Photos taken on an iPhone are almost instantly viewable on my iPad and
iMac - it's like ....... magic!

Recommendation?  Get an iDevice!  You'll love it! ;-)

Overkill for my needs by a factor of a thousand.  Well, maybe 500...

Daughter said she'd put her photos on google+.  Maybe she'll even do it.

Family photos ------>  Facebook!

Have you actually TRIED it?

What, facebook photos? Or an iDevice? I don't trust FB for any long-term storage and I'm pretty sure I'll never buy an iDevice.

I set it up for an elderly pal of mine who is now 93 years of age. He's
fascinated that he can now communicate easily with his daughter in
Sydney, Australia and with a granddaughter in Hong Kong!

FWIW, I've not found Google+ to be the easiest facility to use. :-(

Google photos suck badly. They wrecked the Picasa website when they converted it. I've lost all respect for google. I use what they offer, but I wish I liked them like I did when they started.

I have google+ so I can use google phone/voice via wifi just in case I ever need it. As a substitute for whatever it's supposed to be a substitute for, it's unpleasant. Like googlegroups :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
  "Attention: All virgins report to Paradise immediately!!