Web lists-archives.com

Re: News-server difficulty

David B wrote:
Mike Easter wrote:
David B. wrote:
766 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Gotit.

What does my header now tell you, Mike?!!

Only that you are linux Tb; nothing about your ram.

You could happily run many linux on the original ram, but lots would like more.

Job done - and working. :-)

earlier:

Mem~432.6/2013.5MB   That probably means more to you than to me!

The 2013.5 total is your new 2G ram; the 432.6 is how much you were using when you ran inxi, less than half a gig. Some linux DEs/ desktop environments/ don't need half as much as that just to get to the desktop. Or even less than a quarter if it is just a light window manager.

--
Mike Easter