Web lists-archives.com

Re: Hello!

On 03/06/2017 08:36 AM, David B wrote:
Hi,

New user here. Is this a 'moderated' group?

Is there any 'listing' of the subject matter which is welcomed here?

Can someone explain, please, why Thunderbird is no longer being supported by the Mozilla Foundation?

TIA

Welcome!

Not moderated, but proper forum etiquette should be followed. IMHO.

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/etiquette/>

As for subject matter mozilla.general is;

For everything with no forum of its own: discussion about any and all aspects of all the things that we're doing here at mozilla.org (high traffic; often off-topic).

Thunderbird is still supported by the Mozilla Foundation for now. From a early blog post;

The time has come when it is no longer effective for Thunderbird and Firefox to keep sharing the same technical infrastructure. Firefox and Thunderbird have diverging needs. Firefox needs to move at the speed of the Web, and needs to bring the things we love about the Web into the world of mobile, social, data and the cloud.
REF: <https://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2015/12/03/thunderbird-update/>

I'm sure there is some more current information, but I can't find it at this time.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS