Web lists-archives.com

Re: OT Penguins

On 3/03/2017 8:11 PM, David B. wrote:
On 03/03/2017 05:31, Daniel wrote:
On 2/03/2017 7:08 PM, David B. wrote:

<Snip>

I'll get back to playing with Mint as you described earlier, but today
my wife and I are going to visit penguins in Torquay and have a bite of
lunch too!

https://goo.gl/sCrf6r

Cheers! :-)

I was going to suggest "They don't have Penguins at Torquay, do they?? I
thought they were more a Phillip Island thing!".

http://phillipislandtoursaustralia.com.au/

And they're only on parade after sunset, so not a lunchtime thing.

Hi Daniel :-)

Whereabouts in Queensland do you live? I drove up to Cairns from Nowra,
NSW, when I lived in Oz in the late '70s.

Sorry to have to report that I haven't lived in Queensland since 1993 ... however the Telco who supplies my 3G Dongle Broadband Internet connection variously reports me as being in Sydney (been there), The Qld Gold Coast (been there), Alice Springs (never been there!)

All the time, when I've seen these "locations" reported, I've been in Wodonga, Victoria and, for the last five months, Broadford, Victoria.

What was that old saying about believing what you read??

Back in 1978, I did a lap of Australia, so you could say that I've been everywhere!! (well, sort of!)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751