Web lists-archives.com

Re: News-server difficulty

On 28/02/2017 23:09, Mike Easter wrote:
David B. wrote:
then installed 17.3 Xfce - THAT is working MUCH better! :-)

Mint has inxi (actually just a big elaborate script) by default.

Use your command line and type:

inxi

Then get a little more about your graphics incl driver:

inxi -G

If you want to see what all inxi can tell you about your hardware and
other info, use:

inxi -h

or use something like

inxi -F

If the colors are stupid, you can fix that with a -c option such as 0

inxi -Fc 0

Using the info from the first inxi, what is the ram in this 2400?

I'll have a try with that later on. I've just dual-booted and install a fresh copy of XP, Thunderbird and Belarc Adviser, the latter of which reports this:-

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Installed: 27/02/2017 12:21:45
Boot Mode: BIOS (Secure Boot not supported)
System Model
Dell Computer Corporation Dimension 2400
System Service Tag: FYV9W0J (support for this PC)
Chassis Serial Number: FYV9W0J
Enclosure Type: Space-saving
Processor a
2.50 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Not hyper-threaded
Main Circuit Board b
Board: Dell Computer Corp. 0G1548 A00
Serial Number: ..CN7082138PJ0BA.
Bus Clock: 400 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Computer Corporation A02 07/31/2003
Drives
84.64 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
75.36 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

_NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A [Optical drive]

Maxtor 6L160P0 [Hard drive] (163.93 GB) -- drive 0, s/n L31T4VFG, rev BAJ41G20, SMART Status: Healthy
Memory Modules c,d
766 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM_1' has 512 MB
Slot 'DIMM_2' has 256 MB
Local Drive Volumes
c: (NTFS on drive 0)	84.64 GB	75.36 GB free

--
HTH  :-)

---