Web lists-archives.com

Re: More crash joy

On 02/28/2017 11:06 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
> I am NOTHING if not tolerant,

is 'tolerant' >=< 'tolerable' ?? ((GBWG))

> but this is the SECOND time

you should have posted then.

> FF51/linux has crashed.

flavor?

> First it gobbled up all the available memory and CPU

what DTM?

> and then it created 170 blank tabs before I managed to kill it
> with the little bomb.

ff51 icon/add-on?

with KDE, DTM has;

  K Desktop Environment Version 4.3.4 (KDE 4.3.4) *System Monitor*.

window tab "Process Table" display columns;

  Name | Username | CPU% | Memory | Shared Mem | Window Title

sort on Memory shows firefox and thunderbird, click/hilite firefox,
click 'Kill Process' button, select 'Kill Y/N'.

use a cl script to p/o process table, gawk process, kill it.

  ps -el|grep firefox>gawk n = 3; echo $n > 2kl, kill -7 $2kl

press <enter>

> The gobble-bomb routine happens several times a day, but having to
> delete all those blank tabs is a real chore.

reopen firefox, right click _left_most_, from drop down menu,
select "Close Tabs to the Right", click "Close Tabs" button.

> I'm sorry, Mozilla is tossing away my loyalty by the handful.

learn to use firefox 'features' before you condemn.

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8 -- KDE 4.3.4
Firefox 45.7.0 -- Thunderbird 45.6.0
GNUCash 2.4.15 -- zoneminder 1.30.0

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=