Web lists-archives.com

Re: News-server difficulty

David B. wrote:
The only real problem I have, Mike, is that I have recently put my
Laptop (Toshiba) back to factory conditions - by using the long-ago
provided material on CDs - and it's now busily downloading Microsoft
Updates!

You can pause that.  Are you talking about XP or Win7 or something else?

On my Dell Desktop I have installed Linux Mint!!!

Mint can telnet. Mint can use Wine to run IDServe. Is that Dell the Dimension 2400? My choice of Mints for that hardware would be 17.3 XFCE. I'm not sure about Mint 18 XFCE; I haven't tried it on my lowest resource hardware with 1G ram and Celeron M which will probably inherit MX 16 after Mint 17.3 expires.

--
Mike Easter