Web lists-archives.com

Re: News-server difficulty

On 28/02/2017 19:52, Mike Easter wrote:
Additional info on news.myplugbox.com

Somewhat/Slightly similar to the eternal-september server, there are
(also) other groups available on that server which require user/pass.

That is, e-s allows no login connection and posting, but that only
accesses the e-s groups.  In order to get the general usenet groups on
e-s, one must be reg'd and authenticate.

myplugbox also has additional groups which are not accessible absent the
authentication.  There doesn't (to me, yet) appear to be any
published/posted guidelines for the moderation communication setup.  I
know/hear of the pizzazz and zep groups requiring auth.

Several years ago the moderator Allie could be contacted at asage19 <at>
yahoo.com and one chooses their own user/pass.  Another moderator back
then 2013 was Annette apol1 <at> comcast.net

Since that contact information is so old, one might be better to
communicate/post in the group server.news and let someone forward your
news message to the moderator.

There are also other news servers which allow read-only
non-authenticated but require auth credentials to post.

THANK YOU for taking an interest in this situation, Mike.

I expect you recall me having 'hinky' feelings! ;-)