Web lists-archives.com

Re: News-server difficulty

David B. wrote:
As usual, I'm having to stretch the 'grey matter' to determine what
best to do!

The quickest/easiest thing to do is dl IDServe to a Windows machine and feed it the line:

news.myplugbox.com:119

... and see what you get.

https://www.grc.com/id/idserve.htm

That assumes that you would be running the Win box from the same IP that is having trouble accessing the server.

If not on the same IP, the next easiest thing would be to telnet the server from the Mac.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Telnet-on-Mac-OS-X

The syntax/punctuation for telnet is slightly different:

news.mypluginbox.com 119

... space instead of the colon.

If this is going to turn into a long conversation, we should move it to moz.general instead of Tb support.

--
Mike Easter

--
Mike Easter