Web lists-archives.com

Re: More crash joy

On 28/02/2017 17:06, The Real Bev wrote:
I am NOTHING if not tolerant, but this is the SECOND time FF51/linux has crashed. First it gobbled up all the available memory and CPU and then it created 170 blank tabs before I managed to kill it with the little bomb.

The gobble-bomb routine happens several times a day, but having to delete all those blank tabs is a real chore.

I'm sorry, Mozilla is tossing away my loyalty by the handful.

If you got 170 blank tabs then clearly you have some scripts launching themselves automatically. Some advertisers have the habit of launching different windows behind the scenes and sometimes it is impossible to stop them. I visit some download sites and they have these videos advertising rubbish products and the sound is so loud that if you are working in the public place, it becomes embarrassing.

The only way to resolve this is to go offline and then launch FF and try to clean it up while in an offline mode.

I thought this was common on a windows system but you are on Linux so I don't know anything about this.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.