Web lists-archives.com

Re: Mozilla acquires Pocket to gain a foothold on mobile devices

On 2017-02-27 15:17, Sailfish wrote:
REF:
http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/27/14752590/mozilla-acquires-pocket-read-it-later

[excerpt quote=\"
Mozilla has acquired Pocket, a kind of DVR for the internet, for an
undisclosed sum. The nine-year-old company, which makes tools for saving
articles and videos to view them later, is Mozilla’s first acquisition.
It represents a homecoming of sorts for Pocket, which began life as a
Firefox extension before eventually expanding its team and building a
suite of apps for every major platform. Pocket has been Firefox’s
default read-it-later service since 2015.
\" /]

I seem to recall there was a controversy with this several releases
back. Wasn't it an integrated part of an earlier set of releases and
later pulled out and make an optional extension?

Honestly, I never used the function and wonder if anyone has and what
their thoughts on its usefulness either for or against it.

The clue is "mobile devices". For some strange reason, it's a PITA to download items from a webpage when using the phone to browse the web.

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com